Blog Hop With Viva Las Vegas Stamps!

Ok, I have to tell you all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mary Vogel's designs.
They are cute, whimsical, and, yes, quirky. 
They end themselves to art journal pages quite well.
Here's one I did using some of Mary's super awesome stamps!

Here's what you're gonna need:
Pan Pastels & sponge
Gesso
Paint brush
Crafter's Workshop Template
Black Sharpie or paint pen
Itty bitty circle punch
1" circle punch
Scraps of BoBunny paper
Black ink pad (I used Archival)
Colored pencils
Krylon fixative
Letter stickers- Basic Grey & Thickers

Stickles (cause I have to Stickle everything)
Journal (mine is a moleskin watercolor journal)
Ranger Adirondack ink pad (I used Red Pepper)

 Coat page with two colors of pastel, using the sponge.
When you like it, spray with fixative.

Place the stencil on the page, and paint inside the shapes with gesso. 
Dry.
 Gently rub ink pad over  page. Dry.
 Punch circles from BoBunny paper. 
Punch small circles from paper scraps.
Place the circles on the page.
Use paint pen/Sharpie to draw border around page, and swirls on large circles.
 Stamp images on page and scrap paper.
Color with colored pencils.



 Cut out just the main part of each image. 
Adhere over image stamped on page.
 Add letter stickers.



Here's your wiener!

Comments

  1. Perfect combination of color with those stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great art page! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY!!!! What a great journal page. Love the colors you used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing art journal pages. I have several books full of them. I love your color choices, so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sensational! thankyou for sharing this and your tips .. and the cute photo at the end :)

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal page, Aimee. (The wiener dog's cute, too.) The pan pastels really make a colorful background to show off the stamped images. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee! This journal page perfectly describes me - BEing Quirky! These characters are perfectly at home on your lovely whimsical yellow painted backdrop...PINNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and fun! Love it . . . thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice-so bright!Love this & am really loving these wheeley critters lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the whole look of quirky fun..color and technique..great piece of what I love to call "heart-art" orignal...And yes..I 2nd that Wiener...too cute & adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hoppin' With Altered Pages

New Year, New Blog- BLOG CANDY!!!