Pan Pastels....my new addiction

Me and the hubby and our BFFs went to Columbus on Sunday for an impromptu shopping trip, 
which we NEVER do.

The guys went to Micro Center for computer stuff.

Us girls went to Blick.

Yeah, I could've spent soooo much there. I adore that store. 
And the people there actually know about art supplies...
And if you ask a question someone can't answer, they will find the person who CAN answer it.
Yes, I love it there.

But, being on a budget, I was a good girl.

I've been wanting to try Pan Pastels since so many of the artsy crafters I follow love them.
I bought three colors, and some spongey things to blend with.

I like soft pastels but hate the dust.
I don't enjoy oil pastels because they never dry...Just not an oil fan.

 The texture of the Pan Pastels to me are between a soft pastel and an oil pastel.
Really, really soft and creamy, and no dust.
Did you hear me?
NO DUST!!


 So, while watching The River on Tuesday night, I sat on the couch in my crafty studio, 
and played with the Pan Pastels a little bit.

YES, I want more!
I want them all!! 
 This is an art journal page.
I sponged on the sky and ground, and sprayed lightly with Krylon sealer.
Sponged on the red spots. Sealed again.
Then I sprayed a little spray gesso. Dried it with heat gun.

 I drew in the stems and flower outlines with a Sharpie.
Added some Crystal Stickles in the flowers.
Stamped the border along the bottom (Dylusions stamps).
Stamped the words above the flowers (Tim Holtz stamp).
The purple circles are left over from another project-
 Dylusions stamp on watercolor paper, watercolored with purple paint, cut out, 
glued on the page with Miracle Tape.

I REALLY love his this page looks.
And I liked journalling this way...
It was pretty quick and not nearly as messy as what I usually do.

Here's your wiener!
Daisy dog enjoying the sunshine.

Comments

  1. I am intrigued by pan pastels too and seeing your stunning art journal page, I think I am going to try them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your journal page...i must really come visit you more often:)) i really do enjoy your blog....the internet can be a bit overwhelming sometimes and i get sooooo distracted to easy...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hoppin' With Altered Pages

New Year, New Blog- BLOG CANDY!!!