Fat Girl on the Run

Hello out there! 

Hope you're having a wonderful spring! It's been busy around my house- the kids are done with school, the oldest has her first job (which means mom running her around!), it's party season, and so much more!

In the midst of this, I've decided it's *FINALLY* time to get this dang weight off. In the last 17 years, I've put on about 80 lbs. YEAH, 80 pounds on a 5'3", small-boned frame. No wonder I'm tired, and stuff aches, and I get cranky! LOL

In April I signed up with My Fitness Pal (I've used Spark People in the past but like MFP much better), and decided to follow the Couch to 5K running plan. I started out just walking as fast as I could. After a week, I started following the C25k plan. After getting through week one, I hurt my toe. I tried to continue to run on it, but that caused it to get infected. So I had to take a few days off. Before I got back on the run, I developed an infection on my face, near my eye, which landed me in the ER with IV antibiotics and a CAT scan. Fun times. HA!! I was off for 2 weeks due to that issue. Then the following week, I was just plain lazy :) The week following THAT, I was out of town. So, after a little over 4 weeks off, I decided I should start over. So, a week of walking again, and now back on C25k. 

I signed up for the 4th of July 5k run/walk in my city. I am so excited- and nervous! But, it's a run/walk, so while I know there's no way in hell I can run the entire thing, I figure I'll come in ahead of the walkers at least! LOL

I share this with you for a couple of reasons: First, I need to get it out there to make myself more accountable! Second, I know I haven't ben posting as much as I should, and this is part of the reason why- I've not been sitting on my butt as much!!!
The hubby & I are taking our first ever child-free vacation in August, and I'd really love to buy a new swim suit and not be the biggest whale on the beach! LOL

I've been working on a weight loss/running journal, using a Fancy Pants Brag Book, and I'll start posting pages from it this week. I really like the way it's going, and I like the Fancy Pants book rather than the Smash book because it has photo holder pages in it. My book is full of inks, bling, and butterflies.

I haven't seen the scale move much, but have seen a little difference in the way my clothes fit, and definately some difference in my stamina. No longer do I get winded merely walking up the stairs to my bed room! Yay cloud!

Sammy is my running buddy. I started out alternating between Sam and Charlie (Blue Heeler) but Charlie is such a moody girl, and I very quickly grew tire of arguing with her. One day she's fantastic, the next she's a pain in the ass and growling at everyone. I am working with her otherwise- in the back yard, but when we go out to run, I want to RUN, not fight with her and her attitude! LOL I'm not quite sure what to do with her. I like taking her out, because she can run for hours, but after our last jog, my neck hurt for 2 days! Lucky for me, Sammy is the world's biggest Dachshund, so he handles up to three miles quite well. And he's ALWAYS happy! So, Sammy is getting a lot of exercise lately.



Comments

  1. Good for you Aimee!!! You can do it:))♥Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work..it's inches that I really want look for and you can see..love your weiner dogs..I have my little Ms. piebald Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright Amiee! I just know you can do this. I am so excited to see your pages as you do them. I need to do something like that too. You will be my inspiration!!!:0)
    Keep us posted!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hoppin' With Altered Pages

Beauty and the Beast Epic Diamond Painting Completed!