Stroke Story, part 3....Where I am now

2016-17 was a tough time for me and my dear husband. So very many trips back and forth to Pittsburgh, so much worry and uncertainty. I am happy to say, however, that things are good and I've been given a clean bill of brain health :)

I ended up having surgery via angiogram three times. Unsuccessful surgery, then coils, then glue, in addition to the check up angio's in between each surgery. My artery at one point decided it had enough of this business and tried to collapse on me. fun times I tell ya. HA!

All of those 'easy' surgeries ended up being unsuccessful in the end. To the surgeon's credit, at the third angio surgery, he had the big bad surgeon on call because he wasn't really certain that he'd be able to get to the area that needed fixed. At that time, though, he WAS able to get it and he was confident that my surgery adventure was over. Unfortunately, he was wrong, and at the follow up angiogram, more trouble was found.

I had what I call the 'big bad' craniotomy October 2016. Whew a craniotomy is a wild ride! My husband was there with me, as well as his mom and my bestie & her husband. I'll spare you the gory details (yeah it icky), but I was out of the hospital in less than 3 full days. I couldn't leave Pittsburgh for a week, but I was able to leave the hospital, which was awesome. The first two days out of the hospital I spent drugged up and mostly sleeping, but on the third day we started venturing out. We walked a bit, went to Starbucks, went to the mall, and even the zoo.

Healing took a very, very long time, and I still have rough days.

I'm doing really great. When people hear my story they are pretty shocked. I do have some issues and deficits but I think most people don't notice it since I am kind of weird anyhow. :)

I'm not back to work or back in school. I still have a hard time typing. It would be embarrassing to tell you how long this post has taken me to type out! I tire easily and my left arm still gets weird and shaky sometimes. Memory, ah, it's toast!! I've been working on my art, but I'm no where near where I want to be at this point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hoppin' With Altered Pages

New Year, New Blog- BLOG CANDY!!!