Stroke Story, part 2

But wait, there's more...

Now we're in Erie, PA at Hamot hospital. 
My family arrives right behind me, thank GOD, because by now I'm starting to get scared.
Immediately I get another CT scan, and later that night, an MRI. 
Brain has a hefty bleed, and surgery is scheduled for first thing in the morning. 
The plan is to go in via an angiogram and repair the aneurysm that caused the hemorrhage. 
When an angiogram is performed, you're awake. Not twilight, but numbed up, and awake. 
I wan't sure what to expect aside from the fact that if the Dr. liked what he saw and though he could repair the bleed, they would put me out and do the repair.

Let me tell you, ANGIOGRAMS TO THE BRAIN SUCK!
SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!
It was ok until the dye/catheter they shoot in got up into my face.
OMG it hurt so damn bad! 


Dr. decided to attempt the repair, so they put me out, which honestly, was a huge relief since I was in some pretty rotten pain. When I awake, I'm told he wasn't able to repair it because the vessel was spamming violently. That was disappointing to say the least. After all, it's still in there bleeding!

The Dr. calls me a "difficult and complicated case". HA! He and his team are going to send my images and report off to some other colleagues, some of which are clear in Boston, to decide what to do with me. Apparently I required a group effort! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hoppin' With Altered Pages

New Year, New Blog- BLOG CANDY!!!