For my journal page I used a hot air balloon and tons of ink. I hope ya like it!
Miracle tape (Viva Las Vegastamps), Dylusions spray inks (Ranger), Copper Memories Mist (Stewart Superior), Gelatos (Faber Castell), Paint markers (black and white), Liquitex fluid ink, stencils (I cut my own on the Cameo!), scissors, gesso, paint brush, heat gun, black embossing powder (My Stamp Box), Holographic embossing powder (Ranger), book to work in, paper towels for blotting, stamps, inks, scrap of patterned paper.
What to do:
1. Coat the page(s) you're working on with gesso and let dry (or dry with heat tool). Once dry scribble some gelatos around the edges. Blend with wet finger.
2. Lay a stencil on the page & spray with Dylusions mist. Blot with paper towel. Repeat with as many colors as you'd like (I also used the copper from Stewart Superior, and Smooch Spritz).
3. Open up that ink and fling it at the page. blot and dry.
5. Now get stampin'.
6. Spray a piece of patterned paper with the various inks and sprays that you've gathered and dry with a heat gun. Cut out a hot air balloon shape. Slap some gesso on the page where the balloon will go, dry with heat tool, then use the Miracle Tape to stick the balloon on the gesso'd spot. Use the paint pens to sketch on/around the balloon & to add the basket. Stamp a quote or something on the balloon with the Mixed Media ink.
7. Dump the Holographic embossing powder onto the page and move around to let it stick to any wet spots. Remove excess and heat it up.
8. Stamp the chevron line (Viva Las Vegastamps) with the Mixed Media ink and emboss with black powder (My Stamp Box).
9. Add more words if you desire. I used an embossing label maker (the Smash brand). if you use one, be sure to put Miracle Tape on the back of your label!!